We are starting to become a nation of people who actually value their health a little more than we did previously. The problem with this is it takes a lot of preparation and effort to maximize our health naturally.
Luckily for us, many companies have specialized in extracting and concentrating the primary compounds of foods which make us healthy.
SuperBeets is just one example of this.
Beetroot isn’t a vegetable commonly found on the dinner table, which is a shame as it has many positive health benefits. SuperBeets is a beetroot powder extract, which when taken often and regularly, has been shown to increase stamina and energy, improve blood circulation and help maintain a healthy heart.
The science behind this is due to the high nitrate levels found in beetroots, which when consumed, will increase nitric oxide levels in the blood. By using a low heat drying process, HumanN, the creators of SuperBeets, promise to be able to deliver the most amount of nitric oxide concentrate, compared to other competitors.
The low heat helps to keep the structural integrity of the essential molecules, thus making sure that as much of the nitrates as possible remain in the powder.
To consume, simply add one scoop to a glass of water, or your smoothie/protein shake, for up to two times a day. The well-refined granules of the powder will mix instantly and will start working in your bloodstream within minutes of consumption.
Did you know?
One scoop is the equivalent of eating three whole beetroots or drinking half a liter of beet juice.
While some people may be able to drink fresh beet juice for a few days, it would inevitably become sickening, which is why it is so great to have companies making concentrates like this.
What Exactly Are Beetroots & Nitrates?
Before we look further into SuperBeets, it’s important to understand and acknowledge what a beetroot is, and why we want to be consuming them.
Beetroots contain a lot of essential vitamins and minerals such as:
– Vitamin C and B6, phosphorus, magnesium, fiber, and many more.
However, beetroots, like any other root vegetable such as the potato, contain a lot of carbohydrates. Consuming a lot of carbohydrates is generally a bad thing, especially if you’re trying to deal with your weight. We briefly spoke about it earlier, but beets contain natural occurring chemicals called nitrates.
These nitrates, when consumed, transform in the body and turn into nitric oxide.
This is a gas that improves your circulation as it helps to widen blood vessels, as well as a few other things. Nitrates are commonly prescribed to people suffering from problems related to heart disease. These nitrates are usually given in pill form.
Although there are countless studies showing the benefits of consuming nitrates, can the same be said about SuperBeets?
What Are The Ingredients in SuperBeets?
We have spoken a lot about nitrates and the various vitamins and minerals found in beetroots, but what exactly are we consuming when we have a scoop of SuperBeets?
– If your goal isn’t to put on weight, the lower the calories of your supplements the better. 15 calories is so slow that you’ll definitely not notice any physical difference from one scoop.
Total Fat (0g)
– Some chemicals and pills are best taken with a little bit of fat, to help the molecules bind. Luckily, nitrate consumption doesn’t need any fat, and beets naturally have no fat either.
– Sodium is a vital electrolyte that is required for good blood regulation. It’s also key for transmitting electrical pulses within the body, as well as regulating bodily fluids. Considering the effects of nitrates on the circulatory system, it’s beneficial to have this amount of sodium present.
– Potassium helps to enhance metabolism, electrolyte functionality, and muscle strength. Potassium works hand-in-hand with sodium.
– Carbohydrates can help improve your overall energy levels, as well as helping to maintain a healthy heart. Without enough carbohydrates in your diet, you’ll feel weak and lethargic.
– The sugar presented here is in fact fructose. Fructose won’t spike your blood sugar levels, which is great for diabetics or those making sure they don’t get diabetes. Fructose can also help regulate your blood sugar levels, almost as well as diabetic drugs.
– Your body uses protein to create and repair tissue and is required daily in your diet, as the body has no way of storing protein, like it does with fat, etc.
– Magnesium is yet another thing that helps to improve heart health. It’s also been shown to improve energy levels too.
Vitamin C (50mg)
– Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, and is responsible for creating collagen. Collagen is what makes our blood vessels and muscles strong.
As you can see, there is nothing that should be ringing any alarms bells here. 3g of sugar could worry some people, but you have to remember that this is naturally occurring sugar, which is a lot better for you.
This is the type of sugar that is found in fruit and vegetables and is called fructose.
This is not something that has been added and will take longer to digest than sucrose, which is the “bad” sugar. The high potassium content is something to acknowledge too, as this could be one of the reasons why it aids in improving energy.
Bananas have a high potassium level and are often used as an energy food source among athletes. SuperBeets comes in two flavors: original flavor and black cherry flavor.
It’s worth noting that both flavors have the exact same dietary specifications, so don’t feel that choosing black cherry is going to make you consume unwanted and unhelpful nutrients and calories.
Are There Any Side Effects When Taking SuperBeets?
There appear to be very minimal side effects documented for SuperBeets consumption. This is especially the case for individuals that are already in good health. A decrease in blood pressure is a potential side effect, although for most that’s actually a positive.
However, if you suffer from low blood pressure and it gets even lower due to the nitric oxide, then some of the symptoms are as follows:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of balance
If you have low blood pressure, make sure you consult your doctor before taking any SuperBeets supplementation. Also, if you experience any of the above symptoms after taking your powder, stop immediately and speak to your doctor as soon as possible.
Aside from the blood pressure related symptoms, nitric oxide supplementation can cause a few issues of their own.
Some of these are:
- Stomach discomfort
- Stomach cramps
- Increase in bowel movements
While these are documented symptoms from nitric oxide, none of these symptoms have been reported by those who have taken SuperBeets. However, this doesn’t mean that these symptoms are unable to occur, especially with prolonged use.
How Much Does SuperBeets Cost?
Like with most things in life, the more you buy, the cheaper you’ll get each product. SuperBeets follows this business model. What is interesting, though, is the amount you’ll save when bulk buying.
One canister will cost you $39.95, at the time of writing.
This will give you a month’s worth of supplement when using it once a day. However, if you buy two, you’ll get a third free. This results in you paying $26.67 for each canister, which is a 33% saving. That’s quite a substantial saving just by purchasing two at once.
If you want to save even more, if you purchase four at once, you’ll get two extra for free, which results in each canister being $25. The saving difference from this option to the buy two get one free is very small, though.
If you’re still testing the waters with this product, we recommend buying small quantities.
HumanN has also set-up an automatic subscription service for those who only want to buy one at a time, but don’t want to go through the hassle of ordering at the end of each month. By enrolling in their subscription service, you’ll be charged $34.95 every thirty days and will receive one canister.
Unless buying in bulk, you’ll have to pay for the shipping costs.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Using SuperBeets
We have got into detail about the particular makeup of SuperBeets and beetroot in general, but in simple terms, what are the legitimate pros and cons of using it?
- A significant boost in nitric oxide levels in the body. This is the primary reason to take this supplement.
- A healthy-feeling energy boost, without the jitters of caffeine alternatives. Stamina is also increased.
- Due to all the compounds and vitamins present, heart health is sure to be promoted.
- It helps to regulate blood pressure as well as keeping your overall circulatory system healthy.
- It can help to improve your immune system.
- Helps to keep your digestive system healthy and operational.
- It can work as a diuretic and helps to detox the liver from toxins.
- It can stimulate the production of insulin.
Insulin is responsible for regulating your metabolism and from preventing your body from having too much sugar in your blood system.
- Like with a lot of supplements, SuperBeets is not cheap.
- Most users found the taste not to be enjoyable, even when the black cherry flavor was picked.
- Some have concluded that there was no change in their energy levels and stamina.
- SuperBeets lowers blood pressure, which is beneficial unless you already have very low blood pressure, or are taking blood pressure medication.
If you fit either of those criteria, then it’s best you avoid this product.
Will SuperBeets Work for Me?
Click on the Image Above to Watch the Video
There seems to be a mixed bag of testimonials and reviews on whether SuperBeets work and it likely falls down to the individual, as well as outside factors like their current health and diet.
As we mentioned earlier, SuperBeets has the same nitrate content as three beetroots. This is a fairly open-ended value, and nowhere does HumanN specify the nitrate content in a quantitative amount, whereas things like fat and calories are all listed accurately.
Did you know?
There is a lot of scientific and clinical evidence to prove that nitrates, that have been extracted from beetroots, can be used by the body for nitric oxide production.
There is also a large amount of evidence that nitric oxide is something that provides positive benefits to the body, like combating fatigue and increasing our endurance.
Therefore, in theory, there is no reason why SuperBeets won’t work in providing you with all the health benefits that it’s supposed to. Just like all medication and supplementation, different amounts are recommended for different people.
It could be that if you feel like you aren’t gaining any benefits from consuming your SuperBeets, it’s that your body actually requires more. However, only go over the recommended daily allowance if your doctor gives you the go-ahead.
Our Verdict on SuperBeets
Before we finish this review, there are few points we want to emphasize.
Two flavors to choose from:
Although there have been a few reports of it not tasting too nice, it’s great that there are two flavor options available. People perceive tastes differently, and at the end of the day, you’re taking this product to improve your health, rather than to enjoy taking.
Consuming a single scoop of this is also a massive plus, over the other option of eating 500 grams of beetroot. Beetroot has a very powerful taste, so unless you absolutely loved the vegetable, the average person wouldn’t willfully choose to eat that much.
Lack of data:
What is concerning is that the level of nitrates present is not a quantified amount. The manufacturer simply states that it has enough nitrates present to make a difference.
There is a 90-day satisfaction guarantee with all orders, whether the product has been opened or not, which we feel is quite generous. Whether that gets honored correctly or not is another thing altogether, but we haven’t come across any negative feedback on that front.
If you’re looking at a way of increasing your nitric oxide levels, then SuperBeets doesn’t seem like a bad option. However, if you are suffering from severe fatigue, etc, then please visit your local doctor first.