If you’ve ever dieted or tried a new workout plan, you know how tough it is to keep yourself motivated. Between trying rigorous routines and eating right, it can be really overwhelming.
But what if you could get the results you wanted by walking in the comfort of your own home? Well, now you can with the Treadclimber (TC) by Bowflex!
[Also Check Out: 6 Really Simple And Effective Ways To Lose Water Weight]
What Is This Exercise Machine?
This device has become a popular alternative to the treadmill or elliptical machine over the last few years. It’s designed to be low impact, relatively quiet, and easy to use in your home. What is more, it is constructed with moving style pedals, or “treadles”, which move up and down with the user’s stride.
The inclined angle and the constant movement make this extremely useful at burning calories, even though you only need to walk – no running is necessary!
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Treadclimber
There are quite a few obvious advantages to choosing this one over a treadmill or elliptical device:
- Ease Of Use
- Low-Impact Design
- Relatively Easy Set Up
All these make this workout option great for most people.
It’s a body-friendly option for those who have medical issues such as arthritis or limited range of motion; the elderly or pregnant women; or folks who are moderately overweight. However, everyone’s condition is unique and it’s best to talk to a doctor before beginning a new exercise.
[Also Check Out: 12 Worst Habits That Will Make You Fat]
The disadvantages to a Treadclimber are few, but they’re important to note:
- No Running: You cannot run on it – it is not designed for that – so those who like to run will find that it may be a little too slow-paced for their tastes.
- 300 Pounds Max: It has also not been constructed to hold users over 300 pounds – and although walking is a great workout for the obese, the machine simply can’t hold some heavy users.
The Best Bowflex (Nautilus) Models Available For Sale
With its motor-free design, the TC5 is created to deliver a powerful yet comfortable exercise with “green” technology.
This means that all you need to do is step on the machine and start walking, and the console begins tracking your workout – no cords and plugs needed.
The TC5’s design is intended for those who need to save on space.
Price: At only $999 (originally $1999), it’s an affordable way to stay in shape while fitting into any room in your home.
While the TC10 is powered by electricity, it is Bowflex’s most affordable powered cardio machine.
Its larger design is made for those who want a great ab and leg workout in the comfort of their own home.
The display will keep track of your calories burned, speed, distance, and time. All you need to do is set the speed and you’re off.
Price: And, reduced from its original $2599 to $2199, you’ll be saving 15% if you order soon!
This model is touted as Bowflex’s “best workout machine ever”, and it’s easy to see why.
With its top-of-the-line design and built in motivational programming, everyone in the household can enjoy a rejuvenating exercise with the TC20 powerhouse.
Keep track of five basic and three “landmark” workouts to change up your routine easily.
Price: Reduced from $3999 to $3299, this one is a great investment to help you get one of the best exercises while minimizing long-term impact on your joints.
What Kind of Results Can You Expect?
With regular use, you can lose pounds while toning your buttocks, abs, and legs. Medical studies have shown that the Treadclimber lets you burn up to three and a half times more calories than with other traditional exercise machines.
[Read More: 10 Superfoods That Will Boost Your Health]
In fact, you can expect to burn 40% more than you would while using a stair climber, and up to three and a half times more than moving on a treadmill at the same speed.
So what does this mean for you? You can get prepared for toning up while slimming down, and all by simply walking at a comfortable pace on the this amazing device at the comfort of your own home gym.
Machine Evaluation & Comparison
- TC vs. Elliptical Machine - These are both beneficial to users as they both have minimal impact on your joints. They operate smoothly and can keep track of your heart rate, calories burned, and so on. However, perhaps the most notable difference between the two is that with the elliptical, you can utilize your arms as well, while with the TC, you can’t. However, it uses incline to burn more cal., so it’s up to you which one you prefer.
- TC vs. Treadmill - While both can use varying tread speeds, a treadmill can increase to greater levels. However, at the same time it is significantly more damaging to your knees, as it is a high-impact dvice. On the contrary the Treadclimber is easy on joints and comfortable to use.
- TC vs. Incline Trainer - Both products use incline to boost the amount of fat & energy burned in a short amount of time. The key difference between the two is that the former´s treadles move with the user, minimizing impact and helping the user to keep their balance. The latter one can go to higher levels, but it causes higher stress for your knees and is not as ergonomically designed as the TC.
Online Places To Purchase A Used One
Are you ready to take your workout to the next level, but don’t want to commit to a large investment? Check out these resources to purchase a used Treadclimber at a fraction of the retail price:
- Amazon.com - There are always new models up for sale on Amazon. You can see quality ratings as well as shipping options before you order your used one.
- eBay.com - eBay isn’t quite as predictable as Amazon, and you take more risks with quality, but you may be able to nab one for an even lower price if you shop around.
Good luck and happy Treadclimbing!