The Insanity workout is taking the nation by storm. It was created by Shaun T in July of 2009 and he hasn’t looked back since.
What is more, it has been called one of the most extreme exercises in the world and is intended to give you results in 60 days with what they refer to as max interval training.
This technique keeps your body working at its highest capacity through your entire session which is different from all other programs and techniques out there.
How Does It Work?
In the other regimes, you work out for a period of time then really push yourself for a minute or two to increase your heart rate, and then you have a break to catch your breath. However, insanity throws this idea out the window!
What is more, it pushes you to constantly go over your limits to increase your pulse for certain amount of time followed by a short break (just long enough to take a gasp of air) and then you are going right back to work.
You might want to read:
- The Ultimate Guide To Focus T25 Workout By Shaun T
- Top 15 Fat Burning Foods You Need To Know
- Shaun T Hip Hop Abs Workout: Reviews And Results You Might Like
Insanity 10 DVDs Set For 60 Days Routine
Aside from an entirely new view of life, this program comes with 10 DVD’s which will give you everything you need for a 60 day plan that you will never forget.
They consist of the following categories:
A) 10 Different Workouts
- No. 1: Dig Deep & Fit Test – The first DVD is a must before you get started. It will really test your meddle and see where you are at in terms of your physical health. It will also provide you with an overview of how to use the program. Once you find out where you are starting at, you can better figure out where you have gone as you progress.
- No.2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit - With this 40 minute video you will burn between 600 and 1000 calories. It pushes you to give your lower parts an intense workout and also provides you with plenty of cardio. Don’t be too worried about 40 minutes of hard work. Actually about 20 of these are made up of stretching and warming up.
- No. 3: Cardio Power & Resistance - This DVD continues to help you develop a good endurance routine. It also begins to work off some of that body fat you have on yourself.
- No. 4: Cardio & Max Recovery - This one is designed to do what it says. It offers your heart a chance to recover with less intense workouts and stretches. It helps your musculature to heal a little, while still getting that crucial daily exercise.
- No. 5: Pure Cardio & Abs - This section gets you right back to working out. It is a regimen of quick and effective techniques that gets you going and covers you completely in sweat.
- No. 6: Cardio Abs - This is the shortest of the DVD’s, but no less important. It continues the work of the previous technique and makes sure you move those abs intensively.
- No. 7: Core Cardio & Balance - Although this one is considered a recovery video, it is no less intent on its goal to make you healthier. It gives you plenty of techniques to keep your heart working and your body burning fat as you get prepared for your second month of this regime.
- No. 8: Max Interval Circuit - Many consider this DVD the hardest of all the Insanity guides. It consists of about an hour of intense regime that you will be ready to stop within 30 minutes, but don’t! Just continue and trust me that you’ll be glad you did!
- No. 9: Max Interval Plyo - By now, you are pro, but that doesn’t make these workouts any easier. This video is a more difficult reprise of the plyo you got in month one.
- No. 10: Max Cardio Conditioning - They saved the best for last. This 45 minute video is constant endurance training and you will know you have accomplished something when you are done.
Congratulations for getting this far!
B) 4 Free Gifts
So if just the fact that you will get healthier is not enough, we have a few more carrots to put in front of the horse.
The Insanity has a goal, and that is to make sure you are successful with it.
Because of this, the program has designed some free tools that come with the DVDs to help you stay motivated and involved in your own health.
- No. 1: Wall Workout Calendar – The first gift is daily schedule. It outlines your progress and where you should be at any given point in the process. It is like your own personal coach that motivates you when the DVD’s aren’t on.
- No. 2: Quick Start Guide – The next gift you will receive is the well made booklet for beginners. It will instruct you on some ideas stuff worth doing that can prepare you for the road ahead. It transitions well into this program.
- No. 3: Elite Nutritional Plan – When you order these DVDs, you will also get the Elite Nutritional Plan. It will ensure that you have all of the nutrients you need to make it through your exercises while at the same time, changing your eating habits for the better.
- No. 4: Helpful Online Support – Finally, we all need a place to go to get some clarifications. This weight loss guide will provide you with great online support to answer your questions and concerns or maybe even just to motivate you to keep going. This is just another example of Insanity’s goal of making you successful and feel well.
[Also Read This One: 12 Surprising Health Benefits Of Honey And Cinnamon Mixture]
C) 3 Bonus Workouts
Just when you thought you saw the light at the end of the tunnel, Shaun wants to push you a little harder. To further maintain your new lifestyle, he will send you three bonus techniques at no additional cost.
- No. 1: Core Cardio & Balance – This one is great addition to the program as it makes for best transition exercise between weeks 1 & 2.
- No. 2: Shaun T’s Fit Test – When you finish up your challenge and can tear yourself away from the mirror for a while, author of this product has one more stuff for you. Now is your opportunity to see where you were when you started and just how far you have come now that you have finished. Take a chance to boost your confidence when you see the difference and just how much have you succeeded.
- No. 3: Special Anniversary Offer – This is really awesome as it is video that is a concentrated version of 45 minute workout into just 15 including the most favorite exercises of author of this plan.
Comparison – Insanity Vs. P90X & X3
[Do Not Forget To Look At This: The Complete Guide To P90X3 Workout]
There are a lot of similarities between Insanity and P90x, in terms of their objective to make you healthier, but in order to determine which one is most appropriate for you, you will need to do your own self-evaluation!
You need to:
- Evaluate Your Own Personal Fitness Goals
- How Much Time You Have To Devote To It
- What Equipment You Have Access To
- How Much Space You Have To Work Out In
Once you have determined these and discover each program’s requirements, you will be able to determine which one is best for achieving figure of your dreams.
Where To Get It & Its Cost
- Official Link – Although you can buy the Insanity Workout at Best Buy and Walmart, Beachbody.com is the official site and most reliable place to buy it from.
- Global Shipping – They will happily ship worldwide to make sure you get what you order.
- Price – Beachbody.com offers the entire program with all the other stuff for 3 payments of $39.95.
Keep In Mind: This is a small investment when you consider it is an investment in your health and life.
What About The Free Insanity T-Shirt?
There is shirt you need to earn! It won’t ask for your money, but it will cost you some sweat and extra pounds of fat.
In order to get yours for free, you need to finish the whole program. All they ask is that you send them your before and after pictures so that they can celebrate your success with you.
Once you do this, the T-Shirt is on it’s way!
Is There Anything Else I Should Know?
[You Might Want To Read: Will The Venus Factor System By John Barban Work For You?]
As with any new workout routine, it is always recommended that you check with your doctor to make sure you can start this extreme regime. Other than that, there are a few other useful tools that will help you on your way.
- No. 1: Mobile App – You can get a great app here on iTunes. Appple.com which can prove to be a good motivator for your program.
- No. 2: Plyometrics Mat – Beachbody also offers a mat for your routine if you need one. Get It here – BeachBody.com
- No. 3: Printable Schedule & Calendar – You can get your own schedule and calendar for you to keep track of your personal plan and accomplishments. Download it here: Workout-Calendar.com
Sources Of User Based Experience & Feedback
If you would like further input and opinion of users on this program, there are a couple online sources that can give you more information. They provide feedback, reviews and pointers so that you can make an educated decision before moving forward.
Make sure to read this informative thread on Reddit: Insanity Beginner’s Guide and Starter Tips
The sites are:
Either one is capable of giving you information that you will find valuable as you are trying to decide if this one is right for you! Best of luck to you in your future health. Gaining knowledge about the Insanity Workout is an important first step.