REMEMBER: You Will Lose Lots of Weight with This Diet in 7 Days! INCLUDED: What to Eat During Days 1-7, Indian & Vegetarian Version + The “Special” GM Diet Soup!
If you have been trying to lose anywhere between 10 to 20 pounds just as quickly as humanly possible, then you should focus on the General Motors (GM) diet.
This 7-day weight loss plan was originally designed by the GM Corporation to make sure that each and every one of their employees have the information they needed to shed excessive pounds whenever they wanted to!
Surprisingly, this program has quickly gained a global following!
If you’ve always wanted to be able to lose a crazy amount of weight in just 7-days, then you’ll want to pay close attention to all of the information outlined below!
Everything You Need to Know About This Program
The General Motors plan is a nutritional guide that is different from just about any other diet out there. However, it incorporates already known aspects of weight loss that have had fantastic results!
For instance, the GM diet is broken down into a meal schedule for just one week! It was built on the back of weekly programs that both Atkins and South Beach dieters used to great success in the past!
Keep in mind: Basically, this entire plan has been designed and developed from the ground up to produce stunning weight loss in a hurry – by helping you eat much more efficiently and in a healthy way! All this is possible without forcing you to do anything that you wouldn’t find enjoyable and pleasurable.
The Simple 7-Day GM Meal Plan
[Related: 12 Worst Habits That Will Make You Fat]
On day one, also known as adjustment day, you should focus on getting down the basics. Your daily menu should be composed only of fruit and water while you have to follow these rules:
- You should drink between 8-10 glasses of pure water!
- You can eat almost any fruit!
- You have to avoid bananas, oil and fruit juices at all costs!
My advice: You should eat some apples and drink a couple of glasses of water for breakfast. Then you should switch to other fruits (I highly suggest a watermelon) at lunchtime, following up with even more fruits as your dinner!
On your second day of the General Motors diet, you should focus on eating only vegetables. Trust me that this day will be hard for you unless you will follow these rules:
- You can eat any vegetable & greens (raw, cooked or baked)!
- You have to drink multiple glasses of pure water!
- You have to limit your oil intake as much as possible!
- Baked potatoes can make this day a lot easier!
Extra advice: Eating baked potatoes will help you go through this very hard period!
The day 3 is where we begin to mix and tweak previous two meal plans. On this day, you should eat almost any fruit and any vegetable as long as you will follow these rules:
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day!
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables!
- You can not eat bananas, potatoes, oil and fruit juice!
Keep in mind: Eating fruits in the morning and finishing the evening off with fresh vegetables is all you need for this day!
On day 4 you will be eating only bananas, milk, water and special GM soup. However, you have to follow these rules:
- You should eat 8-10 bananas!
- At least 3 glasses of milk!
- There are no limits to amounts of GM soup you can eat!
- Drink a lot of water!
- Avoid eating oil and drinking fruit juice!
My advice: You should start with fruits in the morning. Then, you should have the special General Motors soup (see the recipe for this wonder soup at the end of this article) at the lunch and dinner. You can add a couple of bananas if you feel like a snack is in order!
There is cool change on the day 5. If you are a vegetarian, you will have rice, and if you are a meat lover, then you can have a lean meat such as fish! Except that, you have to follow these rules:
- You can have lean meat or brown rice!
- You should eat 6-8 tomatoes!
- You have to drink at least 10-12 glasses of water!
- As stated above, you can have lean meat or brown rice!
- As always avoid oil and fruit juice!
My advice: Include your rice or lean meat to your main meals such as lunch and dinner!
[Make Sure to Read: Top 7 Weight Loss Myths That Hurt Your Fitness Efforts]
You are near the end and day 6 is approaching. You should get ready to eat according these rules:
- You can eat unlimited quantities of vegetables.
- Again, you will have brown rice or lean meat!
- You should drink a lot of water!
- You should avoid oil and fruit juice at all costs!
Pay attention: Finally, this day is going to bring more and more vegetables, as you’ll want to eliminate as much of the fruits and glucose as possible before you hit the “homestretch”. You can enjoy meat as well!
[Read More: 15 Healthy Snacks You Will Love]
Get ready for the grand finale! On the last day, you can eat a lot of 3 foods as long as you follow these rules:
- You can eat brown rice!
- You can combine the rice with vast amounts of vegetables!
- You should drink a lot of water!
- You can have all fruit juices you like!
- You should avoid oil as much as possible!
The Indian & Vegetarian Version of GM Diet Meal Plan
If you would like to move forward with this diet without adding any meat to the program whatsoever, then feel free to do so.
All you need to do is to follow these simple rules:
- Make sure that you increase your daily caloric intake on days that include meat!
- If you do not do this, then you might notice a major drop in energy and a slowdown in weight loss process.
Pay attention! Here is detailed GM meal plan adjusted for Indian & vegetarian version – TheFitIndian.com.
Simple Recipe for The “Special” Diet Soup
This “wonder” soup is very easy to prepare. All you’ll need are just these ingredients:
- 6 Large onions
- 2 Green peppers
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Whole cabbage
- 1 Bunch of celeries
- About 22 ounces of water
Please note: As you can see these 6 ingredients are very easy to get and will not cost you a fortune!
7 Simple Directions
- Firstly, you need to cut onions & peppers into small pieces.
- Sauté them in just a bit of olive oil (Until they are light brown color).
- In the meantime, chop rest of your vegetables (Cabbage, celery & tomatoes).
- Add these to a stockpot with water & bring to a boil.
- You’ll want to add onions & peppers from step 2 to this stockpot.
- Cook it for about an hour or so.
- Add salt or pepper in moderate amounts.
After step 7 you will finally have fantastic GM soup, enjoy!
Extra Tip: There is great app for this plan here: Play.Google.com
My Final Thoughts on This Diet
There are countless weight loss products out there on the market, but this is one of the few solutions to have proven itself time and time again – all across the globe.
If you want to get skinny, the General Motors diet is everything you have been searching for and so much more!
Please share and comment if you like this article! Thanks.