- October 2014 UPDATE: Added an awesome infographic and free mobile apps. I hope you like them.
If you have been trying to lose anywhere between 10 and 20 pounds just as quickly as humanly possible (we’re talking about dropping that amount of fat in seven days or so), then you are going to want to focus on the General Motors (GM) diet.
REMEMBER: This diet HELPED lots of people, make sure to read our DETAILED GUIDE and share your results!
Weight loss plan that was originally designed and developed by the GM Corporation to help make sure that each and every one of their employees have the information they needed to shed excessive pounds whenever they wanted to.
Surprisingly, this specific program has quickly gained a global following.
[This Is Really Popular In Here: 5 Simple Strategies For Conquering Emotional Eating]
If you’ve always wanted to be able to lose a crazy amount of body mass in an even more ridiculous short period of time, then you’ll want to pay close attention to all of the information outlined below!
What Is This Program Like?
The General Motors plan is nutritional program that is different from just about any other diet out there on the planet right now, but it uses some already known aspects that have had fantastic results.
7 Days Long: For instance, the GM diet is broken down into a meal schedule for a week – one that was built on the back of the weekly schedules that Atkins and South Beach dieters used to great success in the past.
[Read More: 15 Healthy Snacks You Will Love]
Basically, this entire plan has been designed and developed from the ground up to produce stunning weight loss in a hurry – by helping you eat:
- Much More Effectively
- In a Healthy Way
All this is possible without forcing you to do anything that you wouldn’t find enjoyable and pleasurable.
The Principles of 7 Day GM Meal Plan
As mentioned above, this diet is built on specific meals that you are encouraged to eat every single day for a week.
The focus is on a high fiber foods that have at the same time lower amounts of:
All this should allow you to shed weight in a hurry.
Extra Tip: There is great app for this plan here: Play.Google.com
[Related: 12 Worst Habits That Will Make You Fat]
On day one, also known as adjustment day, you are going to want to focus on getting down the basics. You will be able to eat:
- Pure Water (Avoid Juices)
- Fruits (Almost Any Except Bananas)
You should be looking forward to eat some apples and a couple of glasses of water for breakfast, and then switch to other fruits like watermelon at lunchtime, following up with even more of these at the evening.
This one is going to revolve mostly around:
- Fresh Vegetables & Greens
- Multiple Glasses Of Water
Extra Advice: Eating baked potatoes will help you go through this really, I mean really hard period.
This is where we begin to mix and tweak a little bit previous two meal plans. You should go for:
- Fresh Fruits (No Bananas)
- Vegetables (No Potatoes)
- Only Water
Eating fruits in the morning and finishing the evening off with fresh vegetables is all you need for this day.
You are allowed to have:
- GM Soup
This one is all about fruits in the morning and then the special General Motors soup at the evening – and a couple of bananas if you are feeling like a snack is in order.
Please Note! You’ll find the recipe for the wonder soup near the end of this article.
You are free to have:
- Lean Meat Or Brown Rice
This one is very similar to day four, but now you’re not allowed to drink milk – you have to continue to drink water. Also, you can begin to consume small amounts of lean meat – include it in your lunch or dinner.
[Make Sure To Read: Top 7 Weight Loss Myths That Hurt Your Fitness Efforts]
Get ready to ingest:
- GM Soup
- Plenty Of Vegetables
- Some Lean Meat
- Lots Of Water
Finally, this day is going to bring more and more vegetables, as you’ll want to eliminate as much of the fruits and glucose as possible before we really hit the “homestretch”. Meat can be enjoyed as well, and don’t forget about the special General Motors soup.
Get ready for the grand finale and prepare to have:
- Brown Rice
- Fruit Juice
Finally, we hit the homestretch with the day seven. This is where we begin to eat brown rice combined with fruits, veggies, and even a bit of meat – really pushing out that extra fat from our bodies in the process.
Possibility to Continue: If you want to, you can continue with this nutritional plan to enjoy even better results!
The 7 Day GM Diet Chart
Its Indian & Vegetarian Version
If you would like to move forward with this diet without adding any meat to the program whatsoever, feel free to do so. You just need to make sure that you increase your daily caloric intake on days that include meat.
Pay Attention! Here is detailed GM meal plan adjusted for Indian & vegetarian version – TheFitIndian.com.
Otherwise you are going to deal with lower amounts of calories and might notice a major drop in energy and a slowdown in weight loss process.
Recipe For The “Special” General Motors Diet Soup
This “wonder” soup is stupidly simple to prepare.
- Six Large Onions
- Two Green Peppers
- Three Tomatoes
- 1 Whole Cabbage
- 1 Bunch of Celery
- About 22 Ounces Of Water
And that’s it!
- Firstly, you need to cut onions & peppers into small pieces.
- Sauté them in just a bit of olive oil (Until they are light brown color).
- In the meantime, chop rest of your vegetables (Cabbage, celery & tomatoes).
- Add these to a stockpot with water & bring to a boil.
- You’ll want to add onions & peppers from step 2 to this stockpot.
- Cook it for about an hour or so.
- Add salt or pepper in moderate amounts.
After step 7 you will finally have wonderful GM soup, enjoy!
There are countless weight loss products out there on the market, but this is one of the few solutions to have proven itself time and time again – all across the globe.
If you really want to get skinny, the General Motors diet is everything you have been searching for and so much more!
Please share and comment if you like this article! Thanks.
- BestGMDiet.com – Great website that will tell you more details regarding specific days and what to eat, plus some nice tips and tricks. Worth your time!!
- The General Motors Diet – on NYTimes.com – Roger Cohen shares his thoughts about this diet plan. The article will give you more detailed info on foods etc.
- General Motors: Weight Loss Diet Program – on Ernet.in – The original, one and only guide that will show you foods, beverages and the Wonder Soup.
- What are the side-effects of GM Diet? – on TheHealthSite.com – This article comments on the possible side effects of this plan, make sure to check it out.
- Play.Google.com – OMG, this app is pretty cool. Download it like right now. It’s really that comprehensive.